of the Historic Belmont Firehouse
Tour programs are generally geared toward the specific needs of the guests. Whether a preschool group or visiting senior citizens, the Historic Belmont Firehouse has something interesting, fun, and educational to offer. Groups can vary in size from 1 to 50 (sometimes more). Children do need to be accompanied by appropriate supervision.
Tours can vary in time but 1 hour is usually a good starting point. Features of the firehouse include:
- "Fire Engine Experience" emergency response simulator
- The firehouse firepole
- "Greater Alarm Dispatch Board" exhibit
- Firefighter photo display
- "Destructive Power of Fire" exhibit
- Antique equipment which may include (changes seasonally) the 1859 Jeffers Sidestroke Handpumper, the 1879 Amoskeag Steam Pumper, the 1860 Hose Cart, and a variety of hand tools used over the past 150 years
- The fire engine pump panel exihibit
- "James Crawford Safety Education Theater" room
- 30 minute audio tour ($1, recommended for adults only)
- Historic Belmont Firehouse Gift Shop and Safety Store
- And more!
To schedule a tour, contact:
Historic Belmont Firehouse
900 SE 35th Avenue (at Belmont)
Portland OR 97214
Drop in visits are not recommended. A scheduled visit may be underway or staffing may not be available at a particular time. Please call to schedule a visit.